Letters from Bridget - 5 Jan 1889

Mullabawn January 5th 1889
My Dear Son I rite you those fiew lines to let you know that I got your letter and money all right and I am sure Peter and his wife and I are very thankful of you if we were to sell all the corn we have it would not mak six pounds my Dear son my health is as good thanks be to God as it was ten years ago onely that I am gett-ing very small and stiff this was a very wet season this sumer and winter the corn is yealding very bad it did not ripen even owing to so much wet by hearing from you it left us to have a very pleaseant Christmas we had Patrick Hanlon's sister and too of his brothers we missed Patrick very much he used to gieve us a call every Christmas he was always good natured we would like to know if you got word from Patrick James or Ellen if you did send us word how they are doing I would like to hear from them befor I would die we rote twice to Patrick and Ellen and got no answer I am sure we are very thankful of you and your Wife for how you's are looking to us, This house had always the luck of a good number of People at present there is eleven we had no snow this winter yet we had about ten days frost and is still going on Dear Son my family all joins me in sending our best respects to you your Wife and familly and also to Patrick wishing you all a happy new year and many of them P.S. rite soon as we would like to hear from you.

No more at the present from your Mother Bridget Keenan to Bernard Keenan
Address Mullabawn Post Office by Forkhill Co., Armagh Ireland

0 comments: